Simoverwinseason2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for next season

4 posters

Go down

Ideas for next season  Empty Ideas for next season

Post  igotjayzz23 Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm

any ideas to help for next season. to help make the run smootherm, rules suggestions, free agent suggestions. ideas from members and admins are welcome we are all in this lg together lets make it worth it and fun

igotjayzz23

Back to top Go down

Ideas for next season  Empty Re: Ideas for next season

Post  DaffyTheGreat Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:54 pm

fix the player option. we should have the option to resign one player to a 4yr contract +3m instead of that 1yr stuff

DaffyTheGreat

Back to top Go down

Post  solohoops07 Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 pm

fix the auction, if you bid you have to pay, no withdrawing bids

solohoops07
Admin

https://simoverwin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas for next season  Empty bidding

Post  igotjayzz23 Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

in a few other lgs they have technically a bidding war should you not be able to win the bid you move to next person you want its made to make bidding fun by outbidding yout rival . or breaking his bank to not be able to pick annother free agent you have your eye on and for the other teams to be able to otain them. IN the case of you not winning a bid you mmove to the next one on your list since you lost the bid u set your targets elswhere , I thought it was simple as that not complicated of thought there would be an issue, dant afford move to the next and iff u get the one u targeted the other free agents u swere targeting cant be pursued it was a simple thought process thats all to cover my self to make sure i obtain somebody not try ing to do it to get over, there was one date placed should u not ge tyour targget at least you have a back up, this may not be the most percfect or ideal thing but it is sumthing to work with which is all i was trying to dom The process of bidding will be looked over as well as probably revised but moving forward to get season started this may not be the most perfect thing but it is workable the more we revisse and change the longer we set back the season and that is the main thing to get season started and work it out thee is always room for improvement. we have a good core and good ideas but as you see it is not perfect, I apologize if the proccess didnt run as smooth as we thought but it is a work in progress.

igotjayzz23

Back to top Go down

Post  mcgrupp Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Jayz - I know you ment well, and was just trying to better your team by having a backup plan just in case you didnt get your top FA's. But, a team should not be able to make bids with money they don't have, if that were the case, you could just bid on every player available in FA. The problem with doing this is that you are driving up bids for other teams who are bidding on those players. That's not fair since you obviously are not going to get all those players that you are bidding on, and as a result, someone is going to have to overpay to beat you out on all the bids you've made.

mcgrupp

Back to top Go down

Post  mcgrupp Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm

One solution would be to cap how many players you can bid on, maybe even by position. For example, you can only bid on up to 3 players at each position. Not perfect, but would at least keep the multiple bids to minimum. It would also require you to be more careful on how you throw your money around, because you could still end up with more than 1 or more of those players. I don't like this whole "If i get this player, this bid will not count" thing. This is wrong in more ways than 1, which i explain above.

The 2nd option would be to have 3 separate auction/FA deadlines. The first deadline would be auctions for all the players with ratings of 80 or higher. Once that is over, have another deadline (2-3 days would be ideal) where you bid on all the players with ratings of 73 or higher. Once that was finished, the final deadline would occur where you'd auction for all the remaining players. This would allow for teams to go after all the top players first, and they wouldn't have to place false/canceled bids on their backup options. These player ratings are just examples as well, but the whole idea is to bid on the top player's first, and work your way down.

The 3rd and best option would be to have an actual live auction style draft with all the available FA's. We could either start with the highest rated players and work our way down, or do it like a fantasy football/basketball does. Each time would have a draft order, and put any player up for auction at any point in the draft when it was their pick. The order could be random, or 1st would go to the teams with worst record or even the teams with the lowest salary.

2nd Option would likely be the best all around though, because it's hard to set something up where all 30 people can be current at the same time.

mcgrupp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down